Tuesday 15 March 2016

M.S.DHONI the wait is over...


Two reasons I am keen to watch MS Dhoni- The untold story. 
Firstly, I am from an era of having grown up to watching Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, Roger Binny, Shrikkanth and the sorts. 
I was as fanatic about cricket and these God's of cricket as much as almost major part of Indian's were then. But with the shadows of Betting and the format changing to Derby like fiesta I lost complete touch with this game. 
What remained were memories of the World Cup win at Lords and Ravi Shashtri's Audi. 
And of course in pretending to be "once a fan of cricket" to my children I often sit passively watching this new transformed Game called Cricket. 
One man in particular I was intrigued by was Dhoni. But having lost interest in the game the man didn't seem interesting to me to make that effort to read more about him. 
Whatever little here and there I saw of this man made me realize, he wasn't the usual types. He was different. Calm, composed and focused in the most difficult matches. 
As a captain I haven't seen a better composed man other than him. But that's that ...I know only that much of him and that makes me wait eagerly for the movie M.S. Dhoni -the untold story. I am keen to know that untold story and being a movie buff I would not mind waiting patiently to it to unfold on celluloid rather than browse through aunt Google. 

The second reason I wait eagerly for this movie is Sushant Singh Rajput! 
I suppose he could have been The Sharukh of the 21st century what with the leap from being popular on TV to some big banner movies. But something has been stopping this man from being as successful as the king himself. What is amazing is this man continues to woe producers to trust him with large projects and with this one in particular his got to prove them right before the trade pundits and producers turn their heads to another television wonder boy. 
I loved him in All his movies , Byomkesh I never saw, did anyone? And one common thing I find in this man with the role He plays in M.S. Dhoni is... he is equally calm composed and focused.

What probably Sushant Singh needs is some amount of nervous energy to jolt him out of his comfort zone. I may have lost hope on cricket as a game but I haven't on you... Sushant . 
M.S. Dhoni biopic may just prove to be your DDLJ. 


The Teaser releases today .. and I am waiting for it eagerly ... who knows the movie may drive me into watching cricket as a game in totally a new light.... and Sushant Singh you may get your much deserving... a little delayed glory... as a STAR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment